With Halloween just behind us and Thanksgiving just around the corner, I think it’s about time we get in the holiday spirit. With the weather cooling down, now is the perfect time to entertain indoors. Turn the lights down low, light the fire and let the candles burn. In spirit with the cozy atmosphere, there’s nothing like a hearty bowl of Butternut Squash Soup as the perfect appetizer. It’s perfect to cook for two or two hundred. You can make in bulk or for just an intimate dinner with the honey. Test it out now and if it goes over well, you can be the hit at Thanksgiving dinner in 3 weeks.
Butternut Squash Soup
- 4 packages of butternut squash cut
- 2 tbs. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 package of leeks diced small
- 1 1/2 cartons veggie broth
- 1/3 cup fresh parmesan cheese
- 4 tbs. goat cheese
- 1 pinch nutmeg
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper
- sea salt
- drizzle white truffle oil
- dash of sherry vinegar
- Saute the leeks with olive oil, add butternut squash. Cook stirring 8-10 min.
- Add broth, stir occasionally. Turn heat down and cook until squash is soft all the way through
- Take off heat and puree in pot with hand blender, adding goat cheese and parmesan cheese.
- Add spices to taste
- Drizzle in truffle oil
- Add tiny dash of sherry vinegar.
**You may have to thin out the soup by adding more veggie broth
Serve immediately with parmesan crostini