Happy Father’s Day to all the marvelous fathers out there! This recipe is dedicated to all of you but most of all, my dad. When I was little I had memories of him stashing some of mother’s muffins away in the freezer. Then when it was time for afternoon tea, he’d take a couple out, cut them in half, butter them, and toast them. They were just as good a couple days later. It used to always make me laugh but was so clever. He was a man with many tricks up his sleeve. Here’s to you dad!
SUGAR CRUSTED RASPBERRY MUFFINS
- 1 3/4 cups All Purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 TABLESPOON CINNAMON
- (1 stick) melted butter
- 1cup milk
- 1 large egg
- 1teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1/2cups fresh raspberries
- 1`cup flour
- 1cup sugar PLUS 1 TEASPOON OF CINNAMON (topping)
- Preheat oven to 400-degrees. Line a 12 cup muffin tin with paper liners or coat with cooking spray or butter.
- In a medium bowl combine dry ingredients, slowly adding melted butter.
- Gradually add milk, egg and vanilla and fold into batter until combined. Mixture will be lumpy.
- Carefully fold in raspberries to mixture.
- Bake for 17-20 minutes or 10-12 minutes if you’re making mini-muffins. Set aside and cool for 10 minutes.
- Dust sugar on top of muffins
Substitute other berries such as blueberries, blackberries or strawberries. Or combine all for mixed berry muffins