A new take on the Ice Cream Sandwich.
I found this recipe on the Tasting Table, a wonderful food blog that I’m a total fan of. I thought this recipe was so creative; such a fun interpretation of a classic dessert. The perfect summer treat…that is, if you can eat it before it melts!
Yield: 6 ice cream sliders (with leftover wet nuts)
Cook Time: 8 minutes
- 2 tablespoons light corn syrup
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons light brown sugar
- Pinch sea salt
- ¾ cup roughly chopped mixed nuts (such as walnuts, pecans, almonds and macadamia nuts)
- ½ teaspoon almond extract
- 1 pint container vanilla ice cream
- 1 pint container chocolate ice cream
- 6 mini brioche buns, sliced in half crosswise