2 egg yolkes
3 Garlic Cloves
3 tsp fish sauce or 4 anchovies
1 tsp honey
2 tsp mustard
2 tsp Worcestershire
1 tablespoon white balsamic Rind and juice of one lemon
1 tsp Tapatio or Tobasco salt and pepper to taste.
Combine all ingredients above in Cuisinart or blender. Slowly add in 3/4 to 1 cup canola or olive oil. I also add a bit of water if it gets to thick.Lulu’s Polenta Cornbread Croutons1 cup all-purpose flour 1 cup polenta 2 tablespoons sugar 2 1/2 tsp baking powder 3/4 tsp salt 2 large eggs 1 cup buttermilk 1/3 cup honey ½ cup scallions ¼ cup orange juice About 1/4 cup (1/8 lb.) cooled melted butter or margarinePreparation
1. In a bowl, mix flour, polenta, sugar, baking powder, and salt. In another bowl, beat eggs to blend with buttermilk and 1/4 cup butter; pour into flour mixture. Stir batter until evenly moistened.
2. Scrape batter into a buttered 8-inch square pan and spread level.
3. Bake in a 400° oven until cornbread is browned, springs back when lightly pressed in the center, and begins to pull from pan sides, 20 to 25 minutes. Use hot or cool.For Crouton Preparation 1. Crumble the cooled corn bread on to a cookie sheet.
Dry out in the oven at 200 degrees for 20 minutes.Salad Preparation1.
1 bunch of Kale, center ribs and stems removed, leaves thinly sliced crosswise.
2. Toss Kale with Caesar dressing.
3. Top with Polenta Crountons.
4. Salt and pepper to taste.Tip: Sometimes I like to mix in mesclun greens as well.