Vegetable and Chicken Apple Suasage Frittata
1 package of chicken apple sausage, sliced
1 cup Gruyere or asiago, grated
1/4 cup milk
1 cup “day old” bread, cut into chunks
1 8 ounce package of cream cheese, cut up
1/2 cup chopped basil
1/4 cup chopped dill
3 cloves minced garlic
2 tablespoons white sugar
1 tablespoon Tabasco
1 red pepper, sliced
2 zucchini, sliced
1 red onion, chopped
1 cup mushrooms, sliced
1 cup raw spinach
1 cup thinly sliced red potato
1 teaspoon pepper
2 teaspoons salt
1. Preheat oven to 350°. Spray the bottom and sides of a 10-inch springform pan with non stick spray.
2. In a large bowl, combine all the vegetables, cubed bread, and potato slices.
3. In a medium bowl, whisk together the eggs and remaining ingredients.
4. Pour the egg mixture into the vegetable mixture and stir to combine.
5. Pour the mixture into the pan and place the pan on a tinfoil-covered baking sheet (this will keep the over clean).
6. Bake for about 1 hour. Cover the top with foil and bake for 30 minutes more. When done, the frittata should puff up like a cake and be golden brown.
7. Let the frittata cool for a few minutes before slicing. The frittata can be served hot, at room temperature or even cold.