There are so many delicious ways you can make salsa it’s hard to choose just one. Today I thought I’d share three of my favorites. It’s such an easy to snack to have out when entertaining or even when you’re barbecuing with family in the backyard. I’ll let you choose your favorite!
- 1 pineapple, pelled, quartered lengthwise, cored and cut into 1/4 inch dice
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded, deribbed and cut into 1/4 inch dice
- 4 green onions, including green tops, cut into 1/4 inch dice
- 1 habanero chile, seeds and ribs removed, finely minced
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons packed light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
In a large bowl, combine pineapple, bell pepper, green onions, habanero, lime juice, sugar, thyme and salt. Stir gently to combine. Transfer to a serving bowl, cover and set aside for 1 hour before serving, allowing the flavors to meld.
Black Bean & Corn Salsa
- 1 can (13 oz.) black beans, drained
- 1 can (15-1/4 oz) corn kennels, drained
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp fresh lime juice
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp liquid red-pepper sauce
- 1 tsp rice wine vinegar
- Salt to taste
- Optional: add avocados!
In medium bowl combine all ingredients. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- 2/3 cup flat-leaf parsley leaves
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 6 anchovy fillets
- 2 T drained capers
- 1 tsp red wine vinegar
- ½ cup plus 1 T extra-virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
In a food processor of blender, pulse the parsley, garlic, anchovies capers and vinegar until coarsely chopped. With the machine on, slowly pour in ½ cup of the oil; mix just until blended. Serve over flank steak, chicken or any other meat.