I am so excited to kick off 2016 as House Beautiful's new food and entertaining columnist. My column, "Life at Lulu's" was shot at my home in Los Angeles with the incredible House Beautiful team in cohoots with Team Lulu. Stoves were fired at 6 AM to prepare for the the culinary aspects of the shoot and thanks to Stevie's barista skills we were rocking all day.
One of my Dogs, Mister Pickles, who is always lingering at my side, makes his first appearance as the assistant stylist.
In the piece, I've shared some of my tablescape tips and favoriterecipes (including my addictive Pimento cheese) in the latest issue of the magazine. Check it out!
- 2 cups shredded extra-sharp cheddar cheese
- 8 oz. cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄4 cup labneh or mayonnaise
- 8 oz. drained pimentos, finely chopped
- 1 jalapeño, seeded and minced
- 1 grated garlic clove
- 1⁄2 cup sweet relish, drained
- 1 tsp. seasoned salt
- 1 tsp. honey
- Hot sauce, salt, and pepper to taste
1. Put the cheddar, cream cheese, and labneh in your mixer to blend.
2. Stir in all of the remaining ingredients until mixed well. Serve with grilled bread.
I am so psyched to continue working with this truly amazing publication over the coming months! Stay tuned for more House Beautiful adventures!