This is my second "Life at Lulu's" column for HouseBeautiful -- if you need an effortless dish to impress your guests, then look no further. This crustless quiche will surely have them saying, "Seconds please!"
- 2 tablespoons minced onion or shallot
- Salt and pepper
- 8 large eggs
- 4 tablespoons heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh herbs (your choice), plus more for garnish
- 1 package Boursin cheese
- Melt 1 tablespoon of butter over medium heat. When it foams, add onion, season with salt and pepper, and cook until softened. Add to a bowl with eggs, cream, herbs, and most of the Boursin. Whisk and pour into buttered six-ounce ramekins, filling each one three-quarters full. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Before the party, set out a toppings bar with a variety of ingredients, like sautéed mushrooms, roasted red peppers, and sliced cherry tomatoes. Let guest top their own ramekins, then back at 350° F until the quiches spring when touched, 15 to 18 minutes. Garnish with the remaining Boursin and fresh herbs.
LULU'S SALAD DRESSING
- 3 tablespoons Champagne vinegar
- 1/4 cup fresh mint leaves
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed grapefruit juice
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon minced shallot
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground white pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup vegetable oil
- In the bowl of a food processor, combine all ingredients except the oil.
- With the processor running slowly, add the oil through the feed tube until the dressing is emulsified.
This story originally appeared in the March 2016 issue of House Beautiful.