I was in a snacky mood today and thought this would be the perfect afternoon snack! It's SO easy to make and you probably already have the ingredients in your kitchen.
Roasted-Bacon Assorted Nuts Mix
2 cups roasted almonds / any kind of nut (16 oz bag)
2 strips bacon
1 tsp salt
1 tsp sugar
A pinch of pepper
You can use 1 tsp. honey or agave nectar instead of the sugar
- Pre heat oven to 400 degrees.
- Cook your 2 strips of bacon in a frying pan until they seem crispy. Take out of pan and drain on paper towel.
- Put your almonds into a bowl and mix with the bacon grease. Give them a good stir and then spread on to a cookie sheet.
- Bake for 5 to 7 minutes.
- Mix sugar, salt and pepper together in a separate bowl.
- Take the almonds out of the oven and place in a brown paper bag (shopping or lunch bag works great).
- Grip the top of the bag closed and shake, shake, shake. The grocery bag will absorb any extra grease.
- Take the coated almonds out of the bag and place in a mixing bowl.
- Chop or crumble your bacon in to bits and add to nuts. Then, add the mixture of sugar, salt and pepper.
- Ta da! Put the nuts in to a serving bowl and watch them disappear!
HINT: To make the day of preparations easy, you can make the Bacon Roasted almonds a few days before and store them in a Tupperware container.