- 16 large frozen French-fried waffle-cut potatoes (1/3 of a 22-oz. pkg.)
- 1 pound ground beef or turkey
- 2 teaspoons grilling seasoning blend
- 4 slices cheddar cheese, cut into quarters (4 oz.)
- 4 cherry tomatoes, sliced
- Mustard, ketchup, dairy sour cream, and/or dill pickle slices
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with foil. Evenly space potatoes on baking sheet.
- Bake potatoes for 18 to 20 minutes or until crisp and lightly browned. Remove from oven. Adjust oven racks and preheat broiler.
- Meanwhile, in a medium bowl combine meat and seasoning. Form into sixteen 1-ounce mini burgers (about 2 tablespoons).
- In a 12-inch skillet cook burgers, uncovered, over medium-high heat for 5 minutes or until temperature registers 160 degrees F on an instant-read thermometer, turning burgers once halfway through cooking. Drain fat.
- Top each potato with a burger, cheese quarter, and tomato slice. Broil 4 to 5 inches from heat for 1 to 2 minutes or until cheese is melted and tomato begins to brown.
Serve with mustard, ketchup, sour cream, and/or pickles. Makes 16 snacks.