Every day should be a Veggie Day but considering today's the National Holiday I thought I'd share a recipe which makes vegetables the star! Ratatouille is a great dish which is so easy to make but can look so elegant. You can make it with ingredients you have on hand and can substitute in whichever veggies you prefer.
- 1 pound mixed grilled vegetables (cucumbers, peppers, onions, zucchini, and eggplant)
- 3 tablespoons Chinese marinade
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 tablespoon minced ginger
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- 2 packages of Wasabi rice crackers or any other rice cracker
- Mince all the vegetables fine or combine ingredients and pulse a few times in a food processor; do not over process. You want to mince the vegetables and puree them.
- Spoon a small teaspoon per rice cracker or serve in bite size portions on spoons.
Asian Ratatouille Dip:
Prepare as above adding a cup of sour cream or Mediterranean yogurt; taste and adjust seasoning, adding a little lemon juice if necessary. Cover and refrigerate until ready to use. (You may prepare this recipe in advance; refrigerate, well wrapped or in a covered container for up to a day before serving.) Serve with vegetables or crackers.